LIV Aveda Salon & Spa Coronavirus Update:
As the situation involving the spread of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, continues to develop, we are committed to taking measures to protect our guests and our team members. We are closely monitoring the situation and looking to multiple authorities for information and guidance, including the CDC, the Minnesota Department of Health, and the Mayo Clinic. For now, we intend to move forward with seeing guest for salon & spa services.
Please read the following information in its entirety to familiarize yourself with our policies in the weeks ahead.
In order to help minimize the risk of any potential spread of disease, we ask the following:
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, particularly fever, cough, sneezing, or sore throat, please call us to reschedule your appointment.
- If you have been in close association with someone who is experiencing these symptoms, please call us to reschedule your appointment.
- If you have recently traveled (within the last 14 days) to an area with government restrictions because of coronavirus or been in close contact with someone who has, please call us to discuss rescheduling your appointment.
- Avoid shaking hands or making physical contact with our team members.
- Sanitize your hands upon entry to our business. We have a hand wash sink to the left of our check in/out desk. It’s near the makeup unit. We will attempt to have hand sanitizer available at our front counter if supplies are available, and we ask that you comply with using it. Please don’t be offended when our team asks you to wash your hands at the time you check-in.
- Once you sanitized your hands, we ask that you don’t have contact with your mobile device, laptops, and purses that aren’t sanitized. This includes the time during your service.
- If you arrive early for your appointment, you are welcome to wait in your car until your appointment time in order to minimize crowding in our waiting area. If you do this, please call our front desk at 507-388-1559. If you are in our waiting area, please use alternating chairs in the waiting area to keep a distance from other guests.
- Your service provider may ask you wash your hands again prior to your service. Please don’t be offended if we ask you to wash your hands again.
- We understand that some of guests might be in a situation to bringing a child with you. Please make sure your child keeps a safe distance from other guests.
Some practices that we will adopt to help minimize the risk of disease transmission in the weeks ahead:
- We will be removing the coffee station from our waiting area, as well as all other areas Coffee/tea/water will still be available, but only from our disposable containers and nothing will be refilled. Only our staff will be providing these beverages to you if needed. If this isn’t acceptable to you, please bring your own beverages.
- We will be removing all magazines. This will be done to eliminate as many objects subject to shared touch as possible.
- We have instructed all of our team members to stay home if they are exhibiting any symptoms of illness.
- We will thoroughly sanitize and disinfect all surfaces in every working station, and treatment room after each appointment. As always, we sterilize and sanitize all instruments that we use between guests (sheers, clippers, waxing, facial treatments, massage treatments, laundered table sheets from massage/facial, etc).
As this situation develops, we will continue to keep you up to date with any changes in our policies or procedures. Decisions regarding policies, staffing, and appointments may change rapidly, so we thank you in advance for your understanding regarding any inconveniences that may arise. As you know we’re in the service industry and we want to keep our space a safe and happy space for our guests and staff.
Tim & Tami Tupy
LIV Aveda Salon & Spa