Earth Month Party a huge success!
This past Saturday, April 6th LIV Aveda Salon & Spa had their first Earth Month Party. They partnered with Aveda, Minnesota Audubon, and Mankato Brewery. The goal was to raise money for the rivers in the greater Mankato area.
The Money raised from this event will be used to improve the water quality of the Minnesota River and its tributaries and to reduce the threat of invasive species by:
1. Protecting hundreds of wetland acres in the Mankato region
2. Protect water quality on the Minnesota River Basin.
3. Advocating measures to help slow the spread of invasive species such as Asian Carp, up the Minnesota River.
LIV Aveda Salon & Spa Co-Owner Tami Tupy said, “It was a lot of work, but the evening turned out great. So many people had a great time. Attendance was over 200 people and we raised $9640.Thank you to everyone who came out to show your local support!” General Manager Magen Feuchtenberger said, “We had so much support from local businesses in our silent auction, and the night went just as planned. We already have people asking us to do it again next year.”
St. Peter Food Coop did the cheese pairing, and yes the cheeses they sampled are for sale at their coop cheese shop.
Earth Event Beer/Cheese Pairings
1. Good Thunder, Alemar Cheese, Mankato, MN
Paired with Stickum
2. Fini Extra Sharp Cheddar, Caves of Faribault, Faribault, MN
Paired with Haymaker IPA
3. Sunny Road Smoked Gouda, Morning Star Farm, Cokato, MN
Paired with ORGAN GRINDER Amber Ale
4. Jeff’s Select Gouda, Caves of Faribault, Faribault, MN
Paired with Mankato Original
5. Amablu Gorgonzola, Caves of Faribault, Faribault, MN
Paired with Mint Stout
6. St. Pete’s Select Blue, Caves of Faribault, Faribault, MN
Paired with Center Street #3 “BLACK MILD”
A big thank you to The Bitter Root Band who provided great music for everyone!
If you have any pictures from the evening please email them to:[email protected]
We all had so much fun that we didn’t get many pictures.